(October 5th, 2003)
Hares: Rapunzel & Amato & Company
West of Seoul ...in Ilsan
Orange line 3 near Madu Station (#313)
1400 start time on Sunday so arrive by 1330!!
Public Transportation is highly recommended!
|By Public Transportation: Take Orange Line 3 direction Daehwa to Madu Station (#313) 700 won. (Note: Some trains on this line terminate at Gupabal. If you are on one of these trains, you will have to get off and wait for one which goes to Daehwa. No problem, right?) Leave Madu Station by Exit 2. Continue walking in the same direction, cross a small street then keep going along the pedestrian road. After about 500 m, use the footbridge across the main road and into the park (See map). Near the parking area and the end of the footbridge there are several benches and a couple of shelters. Look for MASHers!! Upon arrival, get ready to MASH!|
|Note: Drivers will see the sign shown below near the turn off from highway 70 at the Changhang Interchange.|
|By Car: From the center of Seoul drive west-north-west on highway 70 along the north bank of the Han river.
- Zero your odometer as you pass under the flyover to Nanji Park from the World Cup Stadium (not at Songsan Bridge).
- Drive west past the Haengjusansang temple and past Haengju and Kimpo bridges.
- At 14 km, turn right off the highway at Changhang Interchange - see the direction sign for (Ilsan) "Lake Park."
- Stay to the right to avoid an underpass.
- At approx 15.8 km (1800 m from the IC- see map!), turn right.
- After a few hundred meters, turn right into the parking area.
(Note: If you miss the entrance, you can turn right again at the next traffic light. After two more right turns you will have another chance to find another entrance.)
Parking fee: 1000 won per car
Ilsan Lake Park is a popular place, especially when the weather is good, and the parking areas can fill up by early afternoon. Upon arrival, get ready to MASH!
Call 017 356 6822 if you get lost enroute.
You can leave a bag and any post-hash goodies in a car while running.
There will be the usual drinks and snacks afterwards and everyone is encouraged to bring something to share. Since cooking in the park is prohibited, MASH will NOT have a BBQ grill this time.
See you there!
Daddy Long Legs